Friday, October 22, 2010

I caught C.Diff and presently enjoy ulcerative colitis, is in attendance a direct knit?

I'm a physio who caught C.Diff from a patient on an infected ward despite following infection control policy thoroughly strictly. I now enjoy ulcerative colitis for life and own to pop pills that aren't cheap on a daily foundation, not to mention dealing with flare ups and a unpromising sick leave register which makes me smaller quantity employable. I never had any digestive problems in the past getting C.Diff and was scarcely ever ill and once in a blue moon took antibiotics or medication. I would like to know if there's a relationship between getting C.Diff and my Ulcerative Colitis. Thanks in mortgage for your help.I caught C.Diff and presently enjoy ulcerative colitis, is in attendance a direct knit?
Yes, within is a link between Ulcerative colitis and C-diff.. C-diff is usually kept surrounded by check by our helpful gut germs, but sometimes, especially when taking antibiotics, our guts get adjectives out of whack.
here is an excellent website that explains it all:
http://www.cdiffsupport.com/aboutcdiff.h...
enjoy you tried probiotics as well as antibiotics?
BTW, The studies are not inconclusive, in that is def. a link!
Although research is inconclusive, it is believed that infection can trigger ulcerative colitis. Mine begin with a shigella infection when I be 14. You should really see someone who specializes in Crohns and colitis specifically.. it sounds close to it is not controlled very powerfully. Most sufferers do not take on a daily basis maintenence doses (I'm assuming you take Asacol), and flareups should never impede your work attendance.
  • some advice about a friend
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment