Wednesday, September 29, 2010

How long do blood sugars stay elevated after a steroid injection?

On Jun 21, had a steroid injection within left side for sacroiliac reciprocated, after a couple of days felt lighted, of late feeling unpromising. My mom being a nurse-had me chk. blood pressure & blood sugar. Bllod pressure elevated some. But blood sugars stayed contained by the 300's of higher, even one time over 500. Just call for to know for how long(many days or weeks) does it take for sugars to move about back down to ordinary.How long do blood sugars stay elevated after a steroid injection?
It depends on where the shot be and what kind of steroid it be. Some steroids last longer, and some are more glibly absorbed systemically to some extent than staying locally.
I hate to right to be heard this, but mine stayed in the 3-400s for in the order of a month after a steroid injection in my shoulder united. I was CONSTANTLY have to correct with insulin.
My Endo told me not to achieve the injection, but the orthoped. convinced me that my sugars would only stay elevated a light of day or two...should've listened to my Endo, huh?
Good luck and save a watch on those sugars, and DON'T forget to check for ketones! That is thoroughly important beside these kinds of numbers.
i am on insulin and i be elevated for 48 hrs after my steroid shot.eat little starch as possible...drink river...hope u r better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment